Write protect problem
JJW
2003-10-19 21:04:09 UTC
I am trying to use some of my old 100 mb zip disks on my new computer which
has a 750 mb drive. Though the drive reads the 100 mb zip disk with no
problem, it will not write or delete files. It brings up an error message
that says that the zip disk is write protected and the protection must be
removed. I can take the same disk and move to other machines that have 100
and 250 mb zip drives without a problem. Anyone have a suggestion?
D***@ix.netcom.com
2003-10-19 21:34:45 UTC
Post by JJW
I am trying to use some of my old 100 mb zip disks on my new computer which
has a 750 mb drive. Though the drive reads the 100 mb zip disk with no
problem, it will not write or delete files. It brings up an error message
that says that the zip disk is write protected and the protection must be
removed. I can take the same disk and move to other machines that have 100
and 250 mb zip drives without a problem. Anyone have a suggestion?
I believe the 750MB Zip drive is completely unable to write to 100MB
disks. If you want to use 100MB disks, it's best to have a 100MB
drive. Even the 250MB drive has some issues when writing to 100MB
disks (i.e. it writes slowly and it can't long format them).
JJW
2003-10-19 22:22:29 UTC
Thanks,
I just noticed on their web site that it does say that the 750 mb drive
will read 100 mb disks, but it won't write to them.